Yealand's Personal Development Curriculum
Our curriculum offers pupils an array of opportunities to enhance their Personal Development. These include:
- Archbishop of York Youth Trust Leadership course to run over 2 terms
- First Aid Training to be delivered by First Responders to team
- Raising Aspirations course for Year 5 & 6 which allow self-discovery, raise aspirations, open up the world of work, build resilience, character and self-esteem.
- (Pre-COVID) supporting the village coffee morning
- (Pre-COVID) Year 6 pupils volunteered at Mini Church monthly in the Summer Term
- Volunteering for interested Year 6 pupils in Nursery during the Summer Term
- The Worship Team – support worship across the school
- School Councillors -chosen by the pupils, one representative per year group.
- Pupil Governors who write a report for the staffing and curriculum governors meeting which includes the things they have enjoyed during this term and any ideas for the year. Pre-COVID this was delivered face-to-face, during COVID this has been pre-recorded to share during Governors meetings.
- Eco-group with a President
- Librarian team who have received training on how to use the computer system and manage the ‘loaning’ of books
- A variety of After School clubs which include; football, photography, cooking, arts and crafts, gardening and dance/gymnastics are held throughout the year for pupils to attend.
- Pupil chosen annual charity
- Chicken Crew who care for the school hens
- VIP is in place in school for pupils to nominate a class member who has demonstrated the current Christian Value. This is awarded weekly at the Celebration worship and the VIP wears a green sash for the week which identifies them as the VIP.
- Key Stage 2 take part annually in Parliament Week. A trip to London and the Houses of Parliament was planned for 2020 but unfortunately this did not go ahead due to the pandemic. The school has been assured that once the activity resumes it will be offered first refusal.